This cutting edge balance training program teaches the importance of balance to athlete performance along with the process and progressions needed to challenge balance for sport improvement. The functional assessment protocol uncovers athlete weak links so that exercises can be used to improve movement, stability and strength providing the foundation for sport success. Easy to implement exercises are categorized based on difficulty and complexity creating a simple and effective plan to improve balance for sport.
At the conclusion of the Sport Balance Essentials course, the coach will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Twist Conditioning philosophies and the Twist Sport Conditioning paradigm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the benefits of sport balance for youth, adults and older adults.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of Balance training from a traditional training model to an athletic style that trains balance safely and effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Sport Balance training paradigm.
- Appreciate the value of implementing a training style that trains the body from the inside out and builds real life balance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Primary and Secondary fitness characteristics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of balance physiology, anatomy and biomechanics and the importance of static and dynamic balance for sports success.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the various terms and training concepts used to design balance training programs.
- Understand the value of the Sport Balanced Body.
- Execute all exercises required for the Sport Balance Linked System™ Assessment.
- Demonstrate the application of the concepts of Sport Balance in the choice and execution of balance exercises using various types of training equipment.
- Demonstrate the principles required for Sport Balance program design.
- Understand and apply the principles of Risk Management to ensure athlete and coach safety at all times.