This innovative strength training program explores the evolution of training from muscle isolation focus to an integrated whole body dynamic lifting techniques. The exercises progress from the development of stability, mobility, eccentric control and total body linked system strength mechanics to create athletic strength and skilful movement. A functional assessment helps understand athlete strengths and weaknesses, combined with the exercise progressions creates a strong foundation for strength and power performance. Equipment
At the conclusion of this course the Sport Strength Essentials participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Twist Conditioning philosophies and the Twist Sport Conditioning paradigm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the benefits of Sport Strength for youth, adults and older adults.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of strength training from a traditional training model to an athletic style that trains movement and not muscle isolation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Sport Strength training paradigm.
- Appreciate the value of implementing a training style that trains the body from the inside out and builds real life strength.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Primary and Secondary fitness characteristics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value and purpose of Linked System™ Strength training.
- Demonstrate an understanding of muscle physiology and the importance of muscular endurance, strength and power for sports.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the various terms and training concepts used to design strength training programs.
- Execute all exercises required for the Sport Strength Functional Evaluation.
- Execute and understand the progression for Linked System™ Lift Preparation.
- Demonstrate the application of the concepts of Sport Strength in the choice and execution of strength exercises using various types of training equipment.
- Demonstrate the principles required for Sport Strength program design.
- Understand the importance of risk management in the safety of athlete training.